Jennifer Fugate, Ph.D
|1999||University of Wisconsin–Madison||B.S. Psychology, Zoology|
|2008||Emory University||Ph.D. Psychology|
- Social psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Research Methods
- Social constructionism
- Language and categorization
- Face Perception
- The effect of emotion words on emotion perception
- The effect of verbal labeling on the categorical perception of emotion
- Emotion word training and the effects on emotional experience and perception
- Colors and emojis associated with discrete emotions - Cross-cultural
- The effect of race words on the categorical perception of race
Fugate, J.M.B., Gendron, M., Nakashima, S., & Barrett, L.F. (2017).
Emotion words: Adding face value.
Fugate, J.M.B., Barrett L. (2017).
The Role of Language on the Perception and Experience of Emotion
The Oxford Handbook of Language and Social Psychologoy, 280-294.
Categorical perception of emotional faces
Emotion Review , 5(1), 84-89.