UMass Dartmouth is proud to announce our most prestigious endowed scholarship program – the Endeavor Scholarship.
Through the generous gift of an anonymous donor, the Endeavor Scholars Program seeks a diverse group of outstanding students who:
- Understand that leadership is not innate, but fostered.
- Believe that women and minorities own a place at the table of change.
- Appreciate that hard work and scholarship are required for success.
- Embrace the idea that students can change the world through service.
- Are committed to sharing their skills and knowledge with the wider community and world.
A merit scholarship designed to attract very talented new students who might not otherwise be able to attend the university, the Endeavor Scholarship is a full cost scholarship that pays tuition and fees, as well as room and board. This scholarship is currently valued at more than $20,000 per year and is renewable for an additional three years.
The Endeavor scholarship is applied after the student has been awarded financial aid. The scholarship amount is subject to change if the student's financial aid award is changed and/or if the student receives any need-based, merit-based, or private scholarship.
UMass Dartmouth will award up to 20 new Endeavor scholarships each year to students who will be selected based on their academic achievement, their leadership experience, and their dedication to community service.
Recipients will spend significant time together in leadership training and development, innovative community-related coursework, plus service and outreach activities: a cohort experience that nurtures civic-minded responsibility.
2010-2011 Endeavor Scholars Class Profile
"I always knew college was right for me. However, I wasn’t sure my dream would be possible since I had no way of funding college
on my own. This scholarship did nothing short of change my life.”
Successful candidates who were awarded the Endeavor Scholarship in 2010-2011 shared these characteristics:
- Mid-range high school gpa: 3.66 – 4.28
- Mid-range SAT score: 1180 – 1300 (includes math and verbal scores only)
- 67% of the 2010-2011 Endeavor Scholars ranked in the top 10% of their high school graduating class. 95% ranked in the top 25%.
- 81% of the 2010-2011 Endeavor Scholars are Massachusetts residents.
- 100% were actively involved in community service activities prior to attending UMass Dartmouth!