The College of Engineering at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth strives to serve the needs of the region and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by creating and disseminating knowledge through research and teaching and preparing students to excel in their chosen profession and to be contributing citizens in a diverse, changing world.
The Vision of the College of Engineering is to become a nationally recognized leader in engineering/science research and education.
The College of Engineering is committed to the following core values—integrity, excellence, innovation, respect, responsibility, collaboration and inclusiveness.
- Enhance and enrich educational opportunities and ensure a focus on the student;
- Recruit, retain, and enable a diverse community of exceptional faculty, students, and staff;
- Increase research enterprise and impact;
- Develop strategic partnerships and interdisciplinary collaborations;
- Develop a sustainable infrastructure;
- Increase visibility, outreach, and community engagement.