- Support and develop medical imaging
- Develop new surgical devices and techniques
- Utilize biotechnology for biopharma drug production
- Study fermentation methods to make biofuels and biopolymers
- Engineer tissues to replace damaged organs and to grow human tissue for drug testing.
- Create new diagnostic techniques.
- Investigate biomaterials for prostheses applications
- Solve biomedical problems by applying engineering principles and life science
- Manufacture chemicals and biomaterials such as biopharmaceuticals, biofuels, bio-derived materials using biotechnology