Can you do it? Cooperative/Internship education isn't for every student.
- have the grades -- having the grades demonstrates your academic strengths and your ability to balance priorities while handling a workload;
- be able to focus on a goal, even if it seems over the horizon. In the CEIP, you'll balance two goals:
- your academic challenges, and
- your professional assignments;
- be mature and dedicated enough to recognize the value of spending five years either in school or working as a scientist or engineer, alongside professionals in the real world on challenging design projects.
If you can do it, consider these benefits:
- You'll earn a professional salary, which can pay some of your college expenses.
- During your five years, you'll gain at least a year's professional experience, which goes directly on your resume. Because you enter the job market a year later than a four-year classmate, you'll have more experience and more relevant accomplishments "in the bag!" Employers will notice.
- Your starting salary will likely be higher than your four-year classmates' salaries, even after they've worked a year. Why? Because, having chosen a tough track, you've demonstrated commitment and maturity to your employer. They view maturity and professionalism as more important than strict technical training!
- You have shown your employer that you can work in technical teams outside the classroom.
- As a Co-op/Internship employee you will be a "known quantity" to the employer. Upon graduation, you could continue as a genuine, full-time, professional with the same employer.
- Many Co-op/Internship employers start employee benefits, such as pension contributions and tuition programs with their Co-op/Internship students.
- Nothing — not even the best engineering, research or product lab ever invented — can equal the perspective offered by professional, real-life technical experience.
These are only a few of the advantages of Cooperative/Internship Education. Why not give the CEIP serious consideration?
Contact us today or Email us at email@example.com!