College of Engineering Capstone Projects
- Do you have an idea or need for a new mechanical or electro-mechanical device or process, but don’t have the time or skills to do it yourself?
- Might a custom spreadsheet or database application improve decision making or record keeping in your manufacturing or service operations?
- Are you thinking about utilizing mobile applications in your business?
- Would you like to analyze, optimize, and clearly document work procedures to reduce process and product variability?
- Do you do something manually that could be done more efficiently if it was automated?
If so, the College of Engineering and its talented group of students might be able to help.
Here’s what we ask of our sponsors:
An appropriate scope or project challenge to be completed in a 24-week timeframe. A conceptual solution is created within the first 12 weeks, and implementation, testing, and revision of that solution is completed in the following 12 weeks.
Project sponsors and student teams must commit to the following elements of the project: fully defined design specifications from project start to completion; consideration of multiple design alternatives; implementation, testing, and revision of the design.
The College of Engineering seeks project sponsors at the cost of $5,000 per project. Costs cover project supplies, laboratory costs and initial project design. Additional funds for project prototypes or special materials may be required and would be outlined in the project contract.
Proposals are due annually by August 1.
Download a Senior Capstone Project Application Form here .
For more details, please download the Senior Capstone Project Brochure .