Electrical Engineering - Specific Requirements
- The following four (4) courses are required of all Electrical Engineering MS students:
- ECE 521 Random Signals and Systems I;
- ECE 530 Introduction to Advanced Electronics and Optoelectronics;
- ECE 551 Acoustic and Electromagnetic Waves; and either
- ECE 571 Digital Communications; or
- ECE 574 Discrete-Time Signal Processing.
- A Depth Requirement: Two (2) courses must be taken, defined by the student’s advisor, in one of the following specialization areas:
- Acoustics and Signal Processing
- Devices and Applied Electromagnetics
- Wireless Communications and Sensor Networks
- A Breadth Requirement: Students must also take one (1) graduate course, defined by the student's advisor, from a specialization area different from that selected to satisfy the Depth Requirement.
- A Free Elective Requirement:
- Students in the Thesis Track must also take one (1) additional ECE graduate course.
- Students in the Non-Thesis Track must also take two (2) additional ECE graduate courses.
- Note: Non-ECE graduate courses in a closely related discipline require approval of the ECE Graduate Committee.