Crime and Justice Studies Degree
Complete your degree at UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth bachelor’s degree completion program in Crime and Justice Studies focuses on the social and ethical considerations unique to the field of crime and justice.
The BA in Crime and Justice degree completion program is for students with a minimum of 24 college credits and is a hybrid program that offers a combination of online and face-to-face classes.
The UMass Dartmouth Crime and Justice degree completion program requires students to complete 120 credits. The program includes hands-on work experience through an internship.
With our generous transfer policy, students with existing credits may transfer up to 75 credits from a regionally accredited institution.
Students must complete the following required courses:
- Introduction to Crime and Justice Studies
- Justice and Society
- Criminological Theory
- Contemporary Topics in Justice
Additionally, students complete Crime and Justice Studies electives, upper-level electives from at least 2 different disciplines, and an internship.
Sample Course Offerings
Examples of courses offered in the Crime and Justice Studies program include (course offerings subject to change):
- Women, Crime and the Law
- Organization of Criminal Behavior
- Crime, Justice and Policy
- The Reformation
- Peace Studies
- Advanced Criminological Theory
- Civil Liberties
Graduates have a solid foundation for pursuing a variety of careers or furthering their education in fields such as:
- Public Service
- Law Enforcement
- Public Policy
UMass Dartmouth advanced degrees
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- UMassD rated #4 in Massachusetts for online bachelor’s programs, #6 in New England, and #70 nationwide, by U.S. News & World Report
- UMassD online bachelor’s degree program ranked #7 in the nation by College Choice for most affordable online colleges
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- Generous transfer policy
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Military friendly, with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Learning Style: Hybrid
Hybrid – Students complete the vast majority of classes online with an occasional class on-campus, thus benefiting from both the flexibility of online courses and the opportunity for face-to-face instruction.