MS in Healthcare Management (MSHM)
Offered: Online or On campus
Earn your master’s degree from UMassD
The UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Healthcare Management (MSHM) program provides management and leadership education for those working in the healthcare industry. Students acquire the knowledge and tools for effective healthcare management including strategies for saving time and money, improving quality of care, redesigning organizational processes, and reducing implementation errors.
The MS in Healthcare Management is offered through the Charlton College of Business. The UMassD Charlton School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest international accreditation standard for schools of business.
A GMAT waiver may be granted to students applying to the UMass Dartmouth MSHM program who complete the online Business Foundations certificate program with a GPA of 3.50 or higher and no earned grades below a B- in the four certificate courses.
UMass Dartmouth Master of Science in Healthcare Management students must complete 30 credits to graduate, including 8 required courses and either 2 electives or a Master’s Project or Master’s Thesis. Students not holding a bachelor’s degree in business may be required to take up to 9 additional credits for prerequisite courses in accounting, economics/finances and/or statistics.
Core courses focus on two key areas: management of costs, quality and error reduction, and development of leadership, motivation and collaborative skills.
UMass Dartmouth Advantages
Customize your education and receive the help and guidance to finish as planned:
- AACSB-accredited Charlton College of Business education
- Value and affordability of a UMass education
- One-on-one personal advising from enrollment through graduation
- Limited class size ensures individualized interaction with professors
- Networking opportunities with other working professionals and faculty
- Free online and in-person tutoring and writing center
Sample MSHM Courses
- Strategic Cost Management
- Management of Organizational Change
- Leading, Motivating, and Empowering Others
- Management of Health Care Operation
- Advanced Project Management
- Accounting for Decision Making
Learning Style: Online or On campus
Online – Online courses are taught by UMass Dartmouth faculty and seasoned practitioners to provide high quality instruction and personal attention. Students have the flexibility to accommodate work and home responsibilities within the structure of defined assignment due dates.
On campus – Enjoy the face-to-face interaction with faculty and your peers.