We strongly encourage you to apply online. Do not mail a paper application if you complete the online process.
To apply online:
UMass Dartmouth is not accepting students for online degree or certificate programs who reside in Maryland and Minnesota due to recent legislation in those states.
1. Application Cost
You must be ready to pay the non-refundable $60 application fee online using MasterCard or Visa. We cannot accept a mailed check or a fee waiver for the online application.
2. Information you will need:
- Personal information, including social security number and family information
- Your residency information
- Your emergency contact information
- If you are a permanent US resident, your green card number
- If you are an international applicant, your visa status
- Your high school attendance and graduation dates
- If you have attended other colleges before applying to UMass Dartmouth, have those attendance dates and graduation dates available (if applicable)
You cannot make corrections to your application after you submit it. Be sure to review your information when before submitting the application. If you must make a correction later, please contact 508.999.9202 or email email@example.com.
All required fields have an asterisk (*).
Use "mixed case" when entering proper name information; for example, use Jane Doe not JANE DOE or jane doe.
3. Additional Materials
After you apply online, you will need to submit additional materials in order to complete your application:
For the fully online BA degree-completion programs listed below, click on the program name to find full information about applying and about providing the required additional materials:
- Online Liberal Arts Degree Completion Program
- Online Political Science Degree Completion Program
- Online Women's and Gender Studies Degree Completion Program
For all other programs, please provide the following:
1. An official high school transcript (only if applying with less than 15 transferable college credits).
2. Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
3. Information about current courses and catalog descriptions may be required.
4. After you apply online, you will receive your student identification number from UMass Dartmouth. Please write your name and your student identification number on every item you send in via email or postal mail.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
North Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
5. International applicants
In addition to the application for admission, the following are required:
- A transcript of high school courses and grades, translated into English
- Results of the SAT or ACT
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless the student has attended a school in which the language of instruction is English for at least one year
- Declaration and Certification of Finances form
- For students being sponsored by agencies, companies, or other organizations, an affidavit of support, signed by an appropriate official, is required
Since the application process for international students requires more time than that for other applicants, applications should be filed early in the year. This allows for a thorough review of all credentials and the assurance that details for meeting immigration regulations are followed. International students are not eligible for financial aid.
You are now ready to apply for a University Extension undergraduate degree or certificate online.