Once your application has been submitted, you cannot make corrections to it online. Please review your application carefully before you submit. If you must make a correction later, please contact 508.999.9202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept MasterCard or Visa for the non-refundable $60 application fee.
Information you will need to complete the online application
- Personal information, including social security number and family information
- Your residency information
- Your emergency contact information
- Your green card number if you are a permanent US resident,
- Your visa status if you are an international applicant,
- Your high school attendance and graduation dates
- Attendance and graduation dates (if applicable) for other colleges attended.
- All required fields on the application have an asterisk (*).
- Letters of recommendation and essays are not required for online and evening degree and certificate programs.
- Use "mixed case" when entering proper name information; for example, use Jane Doe not JANE DOE or jane doe.
After you have completed the online application, you will need to submit additional materials.
- Students with 30 or more transfer credits may be accepted in degree completion programs through the UMass Dartmouth transfer credit policy.
- You will need to submit official transcripts of all previous college or university courses for which you enrolled
- If you currently are enrolled in any courses, you will need to provide a list including institution, course number, course title, and number of credits
- Photocopies of catalog pages with course descriptions for the work you have completed, to help us evaluate your college/university transcripts properly. Mark the courses you have taken and the college name on each page; failure to submit this information may result in our not being able to award credit
All materials should be submitted to
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Road
Dartmouth, MA 02747-2300
Once you submit the online application
After you apply online, you will receive your student identification number from UMass Dartmouth. Please include your name and your student identification number on all correspondence.
In addition to the application for admission, the following are required:
- Results of the SAT or ACT
- Results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), unless the student has attended a school in which the language of instruction is English for at least one year
- Declaration and Certification of Finances form
- For students being sponsored by agencies, companies, or other organizations, an affidavit of support, signed by an appropriate official, is required
Since the application process for international students requires more time than that for other applicants, applications should be filed early in the year. This allows for a thorough review of all credentials and the assurance that details for meeting immigration regulations are followed. International students are not eligible for financial aid.