The awarding of transfer credit for courses taken at other institutions prior to admission is
assessed by working with a Student Services Coordinator. The dean or designee of the
appropriate college determines how credits will transfer.
- A grade of C- is the minimum acceptable grade for receiving transfer credit.
- Transfer credits are recorded on the student's permanent UMass Dartmouth record.
- There is no limit to the number of credits that may be transferred to UMass Dartmouth.
- Students are required to complete 45 credit hours at UMass Dartmouth to complete a
To begin, please submit the following:
- The online undergraduate application. We also have a paper application available in lieu of applying online.
- The non-refundable $60 application fee by check, money order or credit card; (cash cannot be accepted).
- Official college transcripts must be submitted from all colleges and/or universities attended. Please keep all transcripts in their original sealed envelope to be considered official or you can have each institution send your transcript directly to the address below. Transcripts should be mailed to:
285 Old Westport Rd.
Westport, MA 02747
Success By Degrees Scholarship:
For those graduating with an Associate's Degree and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from a state Massachusetts Community College, University Extension provides the following arrangement:
- Obtain an associate's degree from a state community college in Massachusetts.
- Complete and submit a University Extension degree application within one year of graduating from community college.
- A tuition reduction rate of 33% will be available for four years if maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 at UMass Dartmouth.
Learn more about the Success By Degrees Scholarship.
Call 508.999.9202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Support Services Coordinator and find out about getting started today.