- Ranked as one of the top New England public regional universities by U.S. News & World Report
- Online bachelor's programs listed as #1 in Massachusetts, #2 in New England, and #55 nationwide, by U.S. News & World Report
Ranked #2 out of 86 public universities in Massachusetts, according to GoLocal
- Listed #4 of 50 U.S. Colleges Where Art Programs Abound by College Database
- Ranked #6 out of 50 most affordable public schools for in-state students, by Affordable Colleges.
- Recognized for affordability of online programs: #7 of 33 Massachusetts schools
- Ranked in the top 3% on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll: one of 16 finalists for community service, with distinction in economic development and interfaith initiatives
- UMassD alumni are ranked in the top 17% of colleges and universities for average salary by PayScale
- Among the top twenty Massachusetts schools for return on investment, according to Affordable Colleges Online
- Ranked #17 out of 50 most affordable public schools for out-of-state students, according to AffordableColleges
- Ranked #25 out of 684 U.S. master's universities, in Washington Monthly's ranking of universities "acting on behalf of the true public interest"
- The UMass system ranks #42 among the world's top universities, according to The Times of London's worldwide rankings
- UMassD ranks in the top 15 schools nationwide for master's degrees in physics among institutions granting the MS—and is the only such schoool in the Northeast—as noted by the American Physical Society
- Animation Career Review ranks CVPA's digital media programs in the top twenty on the East Coast
- Ranked #45 of the top 100 grad schools for nurses by Scrubs Magazine's Guide to Nursing Schools
- Ranked #47 of 194 schools in the U.S. for "best in undergraduate engineering" by U.S. News & World Report.
- Recognized for "Best Online Programs," #69 out of nearly 1,000 programs surveyed by U.S. News & World Report
- Listed among the "Best Graduate Schools" in the U.S., #98 of 1,000, by U.S. News & World Report
- Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching for committment to service. UMass Dartmouth students donate more the 200,000 hours of service each year.
- One of the most environmentally responsible colleges in the U.S., according to "The Princeton Review’s Guide to 332 Green Colleges"
- UMassD received a Leading By Example State Higher Education Award for its commitment to clean energy and environmental practices
- Designated a Military Friendly School ® with leading practices in the recruitment and retention of students with military experience
- Charlton College of Business was named to The Princeton Review's 2015 edition of its "Best 296 Business Schools"
- Ranked in the top 20 for online master's programs in computer science by Computer Science Online
- Listed as one of the top 50 online bachelor of science in nursing programs, by College Choice
- National honor roll for legal education practical training program, in legal education magazine The National Jurist
- New Bedford, home of UMassD's visual arts campus, is regularly listed among "best cities for young artists," "cities for creatives," and "most artistic cities"
Honors for the Claire T. Carney Library
- Architects DesignLAB topped the Education category at the 34th Annual Interior Awards, and at the Boston Society of Architects Design awards earned the Hobson Award, the highest level of award, as well as a citation for "transformative addition"
- Honor Award Recipient, SCUP/AIA-CAE Excellence in Architecture-Building Addition or Adaptive Reuse from the Society for College and University Planning
- 11 faculty members have been named Fulbright Scholars since 2009
- 2 faculty members were selected to receive Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Awards from the National Science Foundation in 2013–2014
- 1 MacDowell Colony Fellow, in recognition of artistic excellence
One of a kind, south of Boston
UMass Dartmouth offers unique opportunities in research and experiential learning
- 400-MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Facillity funded by a National Science Foundation grant
- Dual-source single-crystal x-ray diffractometer that benefits the research activities of seven institutions in southeastern New England
- The Pennington SimLab offers an multi-functional learning environment for student nurses, with equipment to practice advanced nursing skills