General Education Curriculum
As approved by the Faculty Senate through 10/22/97
Mathematics: Curriculum Standards
Three credits in quantitative reasoning chosen from courses offered by the Mathematics Department shall be required of all undergraduate students. Remedial courses do not apply.
1. Students will acquire quantitative skills.
2. Students will learn to reason quantitatively.
1. Students will demonstrate the ability to manipulate mathematical expressions to solve for a particular variable.
2. Students will demonstrate the ability to construct a mathematical model from a verbal statement describing some quantitative phenomenon.
3. Students will demonstrate the ability to draw quantitative conclusions based on a mathematical model.
4. Students will demonstrate the ability to express quantitative conclusions verbally or graphically.