As part of the Education area of our mission, we recommend learning opportunities both on campus and outside of UMass Dartmouth.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) will be offering small research grants for Undergraduate students this spring. Two workshops will be offered to assist students with proposal writing: February 5th & 6th. The grant application deadline is February 15th (info/application here). For more info contact Mark W. Silby, PhD., Assistant Professor, Department of Biology (firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-999-8364).
Recommended Workshops or Courses (not affiliated with UMass Dartmouth) yet relevant to Aging:
- American Psychological Association Division 20 (Adult Develpoment and Aging) Webinar “Grant Writing is a Competition and a Beauty Contest: Basic Steps Toward Becoming More Competitive and More Satisfied as a Grant Applicant.” The presenter will be Dr. Jeffrey W. Elias, Ph.D., Director/Manager of Grants Facilitation in the Office of Research in the UC Davis School of Medicine. The webinar will be Monday February 3rd at 1:00 p.m. To register, email: TUPH.Research@gmail.com
- Institute for the Ages International Conference on Positive Aging: “Aging Transcends: The Voice of Innovation and Community” on February 9th-12th 2014 in Sarasota, Florida (info here)
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE) 40th Annual Meeting & Educational Leadership Conference
“Taking Education Quality to New Heights” on February 27th - March 2nd 2014 in Denver, CO (info here)
- American Society on Aging (ASA) Annual Conference: “Aging in America” on March 11th-15th in San Diego, CA (info here)
- The Charles River Association for Memory Spring 2014 Meeting: Topic – Frontotemporal interactions in Memory
Boston University Center for Memory and Brain, Boston, MA (March 26th info here)
The American Psychological Association (APA) will sponsor four Advanced Training Institutes (ATIs) for 2014 (info here)
Structural Equation Modeling in Longitudinal Research
University of California, Davis - May 27-31, 2014. Deadline: March 24, 2014
Exploratory Data Mining in Behavioral Research
University of California, Davis - June 2-6, 2014. Deadline: March 24, 2014
Research Methods with Diverse Racial and Ethnic Groups
Michigan State University - June 2-6, 2014. Deadline: March 31, 2014
Nonlinear Methods for Psychological Science
University of Cincinnati - June 16-20, 2014. Deadline: March 31, 2014
If interested in general information or a balanced gerontological course program, guidelines are available from the
Association for Higher Education in Gerontology (AGHE), the Educational Unit of The Gerontological Society of America (GSA).