At UMass Dartmouth, doctoral program development has been the primary focus of graduate school growth in the last decade.
Our programs span a range of disciplines, yet share a common quality: All provide the comprehensive education that meets the demands of a complex and continually-changing world.
UMass Dartmouth offers an increasing number of doctoral programs:
- Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology PhD
- Chemistry and Biochemistry PhD
- Doctor of Nursing Practice DNP
- Educational Leadership & Policy Studies PhD
- Educational Leadership & Policy Studies EdD
- Electrical Engineering PhD
- Engineering & Applied Science PhD
- Law JD
- Luso-Afro-Brazilian Studies and Theory PhD
- Marine Science and Technology PhD
- Mathematics Education PhD
- Nursing PhD
In addition, effective with the 2010-11 academic year, the first and only public law school in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, offering the Juris Doctor (JD) degree, is located at UMass Dartmouth.
Our location in the state's southeastern coast gives UMass Dartmouth's programs a distinctive advantage. For some disciplines, nearby Buzzards Bay and the Atlantic Ocean constitute unparalleled laboratories for study and research. For others, the University's library archival holdings, art studio space, and business/engineering/science incubator facilities are paramount. For all, the region's rich history, truly diverse populace, and blossoming cultural scene serve well our students' interests, academic and otherwise.
We offer doctoral fellowships for outstanding qualified applicants. Fellowships include tuition and fee waivers, plus a generous stipend.