WINTER BREAK HOUSING
The residence halls will close at 5 pm on Tuesday, December 16, 2014. Students wishing to stay for any or all of the Winter Break/Intersession period will need to fill out a Winter Break Housing Application. The applications will be available in the Housing Office on the first floor of Oak Glen Hall. Applications will be available on Monday, December 1, and due by 4 pm on Wednesday, December 10.
If you have a late final on Tuesday, December 16, please make arrangements with your building's Resident Director for a late check-out. These arrangements must be made by Wednesday, December 10.
Please note there is a weekly charge of $183.75 for students to stay on campus during Winter Break/Intersession unless students have already signed the 10/12 Month Housing Contract.
Students will be permitted to stay on campus, with a completed application, if they are:
* Students who have a signed 10/12 Month Housing Contract already on file with the Housing Office
* International students - with written verification of their status from the International Student & Scholar Center.
* Engaged in classes, student teaching, internships, or co-op programs with written verification of enrollment from the academic department or faculty member sponsoring the program.
* Employed on UMD campus - with written verification of employment dates from their campus employment supervisor
* Athletes and Student Leaders - with written verification from a coach/advisor confirming their athlete/leader status, and stating trainings/games/events that require their presence on campus.
Students with any questions may contact the Housing Office at email@example.com or 508.999.8140.
Halls will re-open for the spring at 12 noon on Sunday, January 25, 2015.
INCOMING STUDENT HOUSING
Students who do not currently live on campus should take the following steps to secure on-campus housing for the Spring 2015 semester:
1) Put in a nonrefundable prepayment of $200 with the University Enrollment Center. This can be done in person during UEC hours or by contacting the credit card line at 508.999.9129.
2) Contact firstname.lastname@example.org on or after December 1 with the confirmation number. Housing staff will set up the online contract system for the student.
3) Student will then need to fill out the online contract.
Again, housing will not be setting up the contract system until December 1. Payments can be made during business hours through the UEC. Students will be assigned on a space-available basis for the spring semester.