New Student Application Process
Students who are new to the University (transfer, first-year student, etc.) should put in their nonrefundable $200 prepayment through admissions. The Housing Office will be sending out information to those students' email accounts in early May, then working on assignments throughout the summer. Students will be allowed to request roommates (or roommate preferences) through the online contract system; please note these requests can not be guaranteed, as they are dependent on mutual selection and space availability.
The first "mailing" to students will be sent via University email on Friday, May 8. Students can set up their University email accounts here. Please note that we will NOT be sending paper copies or anything through the US Mail. We are planning on sending out information to new students on Fridays throughout the summer.
Summer Housing applications will be available in the Housing Office beginning Tuesday, April 21. Those applications are due by 5 pm on Wednesday, May 6. Residents must be UMass-Dartmouth students with a confirmed Housing reservation for the upcoming Fall in order to receive a Summer housing assignment. Students who wish to live on campus must meet one of the six qualifications below:
- International students with written verification of their status from the International Student & Scholar Center
- Students enrolled in Summer classes (excluding on-line courses) with enrollment for the entire Summer; otherwise, the summer housing will be terminated based on class end date and a printed class registration schedule (to be submitted with the application).
- Students engaged in student teaching, internships, or co-op programs with written verification of enrollment from the academic department/faculty member sponsoring the program
- Students employed on UMassD campus with written verification from their campus employment supervisor
- Student Athletes and Student Leaders with written verification from a coach/advisor confirming their athlete/leader status and written verification stating trainings/games/events that require their presence on campus
- Students who have 12 Month contracts currently on file in the Housing Office
Summer Room Changes
Students who have already been placed for next year can go on the summer room change list. Instructions are available here.