Our office is dedicated to providing high quality and timely services, guidance and information in the areas of employment, employee relations, time & labor, salary administration, benefits, policy interpretation, and employee development in support of UMass Dartmouth's vision and goals.
The University's best practices is to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of all the student population. In support of these objectives, our office is dedicated to providing high quality and timely services, guidance and information in the areas of employment, employee relations, time & labor, salary administration, benefits, policy interpretation, and employee development.
GIC’S ANNUAL ENROLLMENT April 5 – May 3* For Changes Effective July 1, 2017
* Completed forms due back to Joanne Costa in Human Resources no later than Friday, April 28th *
Annual enrollment time is here, giving you the opportunity to review your benefit options and choose a new health plan or make other benefit changes if you wish. Take action during Annual Enrollment! Do your homework, even if you think you want to stay in the same health plan. Take this opportunity to think about what you and your family need in the way of health care and other benefits.
During annual enrollment, if eligible, you may:
- Enroll in or change health plans
- Enroll in pre-tax Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Apply for the buy-out option
- Apply for Long Term Disability – you may also do this anytime during the year
- Apply for Optional Life Insurance –you may also do this anytime during the year
- Apply for reduced non-smoker optional life insurance rates if you have optional life insurance as a smoker and have been tobacco-free for at least 12 months
- Enroll in GIC Dental/Vision or change dental plans if you are eligible (primarily Managers, Legislators, Legislative staff and certain Executive Office staff)
- Opt in or out of pre-tax premium basic life and health insurance deductions
The Office of Human Resources is located on the second floor of the Foster Administration Building, Room 202. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm. You can reach us by phone at 508.999.8060 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.