Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Employee assistance programs offer confidential help with personal and work‐related issues such as:
|stress or anxiety||gambling and other addictions|
|depression||budgeting, financial worries, and reducing debt|
|separation and divorce||legal matters|
|relationship issues||elder care/caregiving issues|
|child care and parenting issues||crisis and trauma|
|education||mental health concerns|
|alcohol and drug abuse||domestic abuse|
LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - available to all UMass Dartmouth employees
The employee assistance program (EAP) is a service that offers help with personal and work-related issues. Professionally trained consultants are available to help with family problems, marital concerns, financial and legal matters, stress, depression, and other issues affecting your personal or work life. The EAP is free and confidential. Consultants are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
No problem is too big or too small. The EAP encourages employees and those close to them to seek help early, before a minor problem becomes more serious. The EAP is designed to address short-term issues and to identify resources and referrals for emergency and long-term issues. When in doubt, call the EAP. The EAP will help you find the help you need.
For Employees with Tufts Navigator/Spirit or UniCare Basic/Plus/Community Choice:
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for 3 visits. If individual requires additional counseling, they will be referred to Beacon Health Strategies 1-855-750-8980 for Mental Health or Substance Abuse Services.
For Employees with Fallon Community Direct/Select, Harvard Pilgrim Independence/Primary Choice, Health New England, and Neighborhood Health Plan:
- No EAP services available.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse services available as follows:
- Fallon Community Direct/Select - Beacon Health Strategies at 888-421-8861.
- Harvard Pilgrim Independence/Primary Choice - United Behavioral Health at 888-777-4742.
- Health New England does not have a contracted provider for Mental Health and Substance Abuse services. Member must verify that provider accepts Health New England for these services.
- Neighborhood Health Plan - Beacon Health Strategies 800-414-2820.
For Managers and Supervisors:
Managers and supervisors may call Susan Cooper, licensed independent clinical social worker and Program Coordinator with Beacon Health Strategies for advice or to set up an on-site group training session. Susan provides information for Employee Assistance services to managers and can be reached at 781-994-7424.