Transition Information for Current Flexible Spending Account Participants
If you are a current Flexible Spending Account Program participant -- enrolled in the Health Care Spending Account and/or Dependent Care Assistance Program -- here’s important information for you to know this fall:
- 2014 FSA benefits will continue to be administered by Benefit Strategies through Monday, December 22, 2014. Contact Benefit Strategies through December 22 at 1.877.353.9442 if you have questions about 2014 claims.
- Your Benefit Strategies debit card can be used for any eligible HCSA expenses through Monday, December 22, 2014, if you have a sufficient account balance to cover the expense.
- The deadline for 2014 paper claims through Benefit Strategies is Friday, December 19, 2014.
- No 2014 claims will be processed through the end of the year after these two cutoff dates (December 22 for the debit card and December 19 for paper claims).
- Beginning January 1, 2015, if you have a remaining balance in your 2014 FSA account, submit claims to ASIFlex using the ASIFlex claim. You can use your new ASIFlex debit card for eligible HCSA expenses beginning January 1, 2015, and any 2014 balances remaining will be used first before your 2015 election balance.
Introducing Ceridian LifeWorks Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The employee assistance program (EAP) is a service available to all UMass Dartmouth employees that offers help with personal and work-related issues. Professionally trained consultants are available to help with family problems, marital concerns, financial and legal matters, stress, depression, and other issues affecting your personal or work life. The EAP is free and confidential. LEARN MORE
Effective July 1st, the SMART Plan will start accepting Roth contributions, giving you the flexibility to designate all or a portion of your elective deferrals as Roth contributions.
Roth after-tax contributions and traditional before-tax deferrals each have advantages.
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
On January 1, 2014 the Affordable Care Act (ACA) law was implemented in Massachusetts and across the nation. It requires that all employees receive these notices to assist with understanding your options under this law.
Questions can be directed to Danielle Drabble Almeida in Human Resources at x8083 or email@example.com.
Introducing UMass Extras!
Save money on products and services for auto and home, travel, insurance, electronics, entertainment, wireless phones and more!
Go to www.beneplace.com/umass. No password, No ID, No Hassle!
Human Resources is pleased to announce the deployment of a new On-Line Job Applicant System called Interview Exchange.
Effective January 1, 2013 Forms that are received in Human Resources by payday WILL BE GUARANTEED to be processed for the following paycheck. This creates a consistent schedule and conveys a clearly defined expectation to the campus of when payments will be processed.
News from CONNECT Partnership
CONNECT is a partnership of the six public higher education institutions in Southeastern Massachusetts: Bridgewater State University, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Massasoit Community College, and the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. CONNECT has two basic goals: to improve the quality, accessibility, and affordability of higher education; to advance the economic, educational, and cultural life of Southeastern Massachusetts. Click here to read their newsletters and register your email to receive future newsletters.