With support from Sue Hall ’85 (CVPA) and Chip Hildreth ’85 (COE), UMass Dartmouth established this Innovation, Design, Engineering and Art Studio (IDEAStudio) on campus where students and faculty can work collaboratively on creative projects and innovative research.
The College of Engineering and the College of Visual and Performing Arts will pilot the use of this space, located in room 003 of the textiles building, in September 2013.
At IDEAStudio, students can
- Rapidly prototype a design
- Access animation and design software packages such as
- Photoshop Creative Suite
- Mock-up a team project
- Explore working with new materials
- Collaborate with students and faculty from another college or department
- Work on advanced and capstone projects
Contact the Dean’s Offices of CVPA 508.999.9295 or COE 508.999.8539 if you are interested in piloting an IDEAStudio project.
For more information about contributing to the Hall-Hildreth IDEAStudio Fund, please contact Lara Stone, UMass Dartmouth Senior Philanthropic Officer.