icon of a paper next to Apply online text
open door next to gray writing "Visit"
Small icon next to white bg says "Give"
plus sign and gray writing

Acquiring Your Visa

The I-20 form for F-1 students and the DS-2019 form for J-1 students and J-1 scholars are issued upon completion of the student admissions or the scholar appointment process.  Upon receipt of your enrollment deposit and verification of your finances, we will mail you the appropriate form. With either the I-20 or DS-2019 and letter of acceptance or appointment, you will be able to apply to a U.S. Consul for the student visa (F-1 or J-1) or scholar visa (J-1) that will allow you to enter the United States.

The Consul will require you to have a valid, current passport from your country, which should extend at least six months beyond your intended stay in the United States. The Consul will also need to see either a U.S. Government Affidavit of Support completed by your sponsor(s), or other proof of financial resources. The I-20 or DS-2019 form will indicate the semester or scholar appointment date, and date of your expected arrival, and is valid for a stated period and date.

Students can now check the status of their visa applications on line

The U.S. Department of State has introduced the online "Visa Status Check," which allows both
immigrant and nonimmigrant applicants to check the status of their cases
at the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC).

U.S. Department of State (DOS) Visa Status Check


Please visit the links to the right for additional details.




Updated 3/26/2013





myCoursesmyCourses myAlertmyAlert LibraryLibrary
COINCOIN HRDirectHR Direct umasspassUMass Pass
ReservItReservIt ZimbraZimbra