Once you have been admitted to the University, and after you have sent your enrollment deposit and financial records, we will send you one of three forms:
- The I-20 form for F-1 students
- The DS-2019 form for J-1 Students
- The DS 2019 form for J-1 Scholars who have completed the scholar appointment process
The I-20 or DS-2019 form will show the semester you are entering the University as a student, or the term of your scholar appointment, and date of your expected arrival. With one of these forms and a letter of acceptance or appointment, you will be able to apply to a U.S. Consul for the student visa (F-1 or J-1), or scholar visa (J-1), that will allow you to enter the United States.
The U.S. Consul will require the following paperwork in addition to your letter of acceptance or appointment:
- A current passport from your country, valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the United States AND
- A U.S. Government Affidavit of Support completed by your sponsor(s) OR
- Other proof of financial resources
Students and scholars can now check the status of their visa applications on line
Please visit the links to the right for additional details.