Once you have been admitted to the University, and after you have sent your enrollment deposit and financial records, we will send you one of three forms:
- The I-20 form for F-1 students
- The DS-2019 form for J-1 Students
- The DS 2019 form for J-1 Scholars who have completed the scholar appointment process
The I-20 or DS-2019 form will show the semester you are entering the University as a student, or the term of your scholar appointment, and date of your expected arrival. With one of these forms and a letter of acceptance or appointment, you will be able to apply to a U.S. Consul for the student visa (F-1 or J-1), or scholar visa (J-1), that will allow you to enter the United States.
The U.S. Consul will require the following paperwork:
- A current passport from your country, valid for at least six months beyond your stay in the United States AND
- A U.S. Government Affidavit of Support completed by your sponsor(s) OR
- Other proof of financial resources
Students and scholars can now check the status of their visa applications on line
U.S. Department of State (DOS) Visa Status Check
Please visit the links to the right for additional details.