- The Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) is required of freshman applicants.
- The SAT is administered several times a year in various cities around the world.
- To register, contact the College Board SAT Program, P.O. Box 7502, London, KY 40742-7502; telephone: (Domestic) 866-756-7346, (International) 212-713-7789; or use the website links to the right.
- The UMass Dartmouth College Board Code Number is 3786.
- Your test results will be reported directly to the University.
- The SAT should be taken no later than March for admission in September, and no later than October for admission in January.
SAT is not required for:
- Applicants who have completed secondary school more than three years ago
- Those who have completed 30 or more transferable university credits
Graduate study testing requirements
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), and the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) are required for graduate study.
- Refer to your chosen program information; each department and program has different test requirements.
If English is not your first language
- You must demonstrate your ability to speak English by submitting the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Applicants should use the UMass Dartmouth Code number 3786.
- The University must receive the official scores; photocopies or faxed copies are not acceptable.
The TOEFL requirement is waived with proper documentation and only for:
- Students who have attended schools where the primary language of instruction is English
- Those who have successfully completed secondary school or college/university in the United States