Forms of identification for use on campus and in the U.S.
UMass Pass is the official UMass Dartmouth identification card—the one card you'll need to carry on campus.
- A valid passport, which shows your full name and date of birth, is always accepted as a form of identification anywhere in the U.S.
U.S. driver's license
- Any person who is at least 16 years of age may apply for a Class D (passenger) permit at any RMV full service office.
- How to obtain a Class D Permit and License from Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV): http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/5classd.htm
- If you are not eligible for a Social Security Number as requested on the license application, you may still apply for a U.S.. driver's license by using this ISSC Support Letter for Registry of Motor Vehicles
Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV) --New Bedford Branch
Address: 278 Union Street, New Bedford, MA
Monday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
State ID Card
- For people who do not have a Massachusetts driver's license, the RMV can issue a Massachusetts ID. This looks like a driver's license; however, it does not extend any driving privileges.
- This ID card is an official form of identity accepted in Massachusetts and shows your signature and age.
- Obtaining a Massachusetts ID: http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/13bMAID.htm
International Permits and Licenses
- Frequently-asked questions (FAQs) about international driving permits, international driver's license and driving privileges for foreign licensed drivers: