One of the primary goals of the International Programs Office is to ensure that programs students engage in abroad support and enhance the academic mission of the university as well as the specific learning goals set forth by the College or School in which the student is enrolled. Resources and protocols have been developed to support faculty and the postings on this site are updated regularly. See the left-hand dropdown menu for resources. Faculty are encouraged to forward information to IPO on new study abroad programs they can recommend within their field and/or to develop courses abroad in their own area of expertise. Faculty feedback and suggestions on the performance and direction of IPO are welcome.
The International Programs Strategic Plan was developed by the International Programs Advisory Committee and adopted by Faculty Senate in December 2011. Goals set forth in this plan guide the identification of international program priorities and allocation of campus resources.
How the IPO supports faculty champions of exchange programs
- Collecting and maintaining program information such as courses offered in English, UMD equivalencies, and estimated living costs
- Assisting with student information sessions by describing study abroad and travel aspects, and application processes
How the IPO supports faculty program leaders
- Accepting completed proposals on behalf of the International Advisory Committee (upon IAC review they will be considered for approval by the Provost)
- Upon notification of program approval, including the program listing in the searchable database on the IPO website, processing student applications and confirming good standing of applicants
- Assisting in making the program information visible to UMass Dartmouth students
- Providing basic color flyers
- Sharing program information with advisees who come to the IPO office, attend Study Abroad information fairs, or participate in IPO information sessions