Study Abroad Application Cutoff
Summer and Fall semester: March 10
Winter and Spring Session: October 10
Start now! Many programs have earlier due dates
Application Process: Easy as 1-2-3!
Note: The steps below are for academic-credit programs. Students participating in any UMass Dartmouth sponsored non-credit activity must instead register using the Non-credit Project Abroad Registration format.
1. Find your program in the database (aka, Horizons), scroll to the bottom of the screen, and click on the "Login in to Apply" button for the term you intend studying abroad in.
2. Complete a student profile (if you haven't already), and then complete the study abroad application (in Horizons, "Step 1").
3. Once all sections are complete, click on the "Review and Save" section. Review your application carefully and once you are ready to submit click "Save Application" at the bottom of the page. This will submit your application to our office. You will receive an automated email confirming receipt of your application.
4. IPO will review your application and confirm that you meet eligibility requirements. You will be notifed by email within two weeks of your eligibility status to participate in study abroad. The email will also include information on next steps.
5. Consult the "Once Accepted" page.