- Contact IPO for an appointment with an IPO study abroad advisor
- Ask to be connected with a peer advisor who has studied abroad themselves
- Have a quick question? Drop-in advising hours are Mon-Fri, 9:00-12:00, first come - first served
- Check frequently for announcements of study abroad information fairs and small group presentations sponsored by IPO
- To be eligible for study abroad, a student must be at least 18 years of age and have completed one semester and at least 15 credits at time of application.
- All participants in UMass Dartmouth study abroad programs must be matriculated students and registered for credit.
- Criteria to be considered "in good standing" at UMass Dartmouth include (some programs may have additional requirements):
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (for semester or academic year) or 2.0 (for summer) at time of application
- Student account paid in full
- Satisfactory student conduct history. Student conduct history is provided to the International Programs Office by the Office of Student Conduct and Dispute Resolution.
How to choose the best study abroad program for you
Study abroad complements the goals you have set for yourself while at UMassD and beyond. What kind of experiences abroad will help you most in meeting those goals? See what other students have identified as goals while studying abroad.
Study abroad cost considerations
Cost is an important consideration as you find the perfect program to meet your goals. There are many affordable options that are comparable to the cost of a semester at UMassD. To learn more click here.
Ready to start exploring options?
2015 faculty-led programs and direct exchange information is listed in the online program database.
Consider these third party study abroad providers. UMass Dartmouth has had very good experiences with them and most offer scholarships or discounts for UMass Dartmouth students.
Other credit-bearing opportunities abroad
If you are looking for a specific program and can't find it in the IPO "Horizons" database, contact the International Programs Office for an advising appointment. We can help you determine if its approved, and how to apply. The IPO also advises on Service-learning and Research placements.