Fall 2012 entering class profile
- 71 students
- 47% women
- 25% students of color
- 29.4 average age
- 22/74 youngest/oldest
- Median LSAT 145
- Median Undergraduate GPA 3.07
UMass Law Student Profile (2012)
Employment statistics are reported as of February 15 annually, nine months after graduation.
Employment Statistics (Class of 2011)
Employment Summary (Class of 2012)
Programs leading to the Juris Doctor (J.D.)
JD/MBA joint program
JD/MPP joint program
3 + 3 undergraduate program
Summer sessions to accelerate degree completion
- 75,000 square feet on three floors
- 8.5 acres with easy parking
- Wireless connectivity throughout
- 140,000 volume law library with access to online databases
- Moot Court Room
- Quiet study areas and student gathering spaces
- Video camera and card access security
- 2.8 miles from UMass Dartmouth main campus
- Access to housing, library, fitness center and amenities at UMass Dartmouth main campus
Campus and facilities
- Full-time faculty: 17
- Adjunct faculty: 34
50% public interest fellowships: up to 25/year
Student fellows make a 4-year commitment to practicing public interest law upon graduation.
Additional need and merit-based financial aid is available.
In the fall 2011, 46 students entered with conditional scholarships. Twenty percent of these students lost their scholarships for academic reasons.
Scholarship Retention (2011)
Fall 2012 Standard 509 Information Report
An overview of UMass Law’s admissions, enrollment, attrition, bar passage rates, faculty counts, and other indicators is made available annually in early spring.
Standard 509 Information Report (PDF)