ABA Required Disclosures
Standard 509 of the ABA Standards of Approval for Law Schools requires the disclosure of consumer information in a number of categories. These disclosures are found on this page.
Standard 509 Information Report
The Standard 509 Information Report (2012) contains the following information:
- admissions data
- tuition and fees, living costs, and financial aid
- enrollment data, including academic, transfer, and other attrition
- numbers of full-time and part-time faculty, professional librarians, and administrators
- class sizes for first year and upper class courses; number of seminar, clinical and co-curricular
- bar passage data
Employment data are reported in the Employment Summary Report.
Conditional Scholarship data are reported in the Scholarship Retention Data Worksheet.
Other Required Disclosures
Information about other matters not contained in the above reports may be found in various locations on the website.
- Additional information about tuition and fees, including the refund policy, and financial aid
- Additional information about the full-time and part-time-faculty, professional librarians, and administrators
- Information about the curriculum and courses
- Academic programs and requirements
- Transfer credit policy
- Much of this information may also be found in the UMass Law Student Handbook (2013-2014)