UMass Law welcomes visiting students in good standing from other ABA or state-approved law schools.
Deadlines for completing the Visiting Student Application:
- June 30 for the fall semester
- November 15 for the spring semester
- April 25 for the summer semester
Students seeking to apply at a later date should contact the Law Enrollment Center at 508.985.1110.
Visiting applicants must provide the Law Enrollment Center with the following:
- Visiting Student Application with non-refundable $50 fee
- an official transcript of your law study from each law school attended
- a letter from the dean or dean’s designee of the other law school, stating that credit earned at UMass Law will be acceptable toward meeting degree requirements and that you are in good standing
- a statement indicating why you wish to spend an academic year (or semester) at UMass Law
Visiting students receive financial aid from their own law schools, not UMass Law, and may not enroll in courses which are over-subscribed by UMass Law students.
Visiting student forms
- Visiting Student Application Form (PDF)
- Visiting Student Registration Request (PDF)
- Visiting Student Guide (PDF)
To transfer credits to your home school, you will need to request that an official UMass Law transcript be sent directly to your school. A signed written request is required. This form is available online and at the Law Enrollment Center.
Complete the Visiting Student Registration Request with full payment.
Admission as a visiting student entitles you to enroll in courses on a space-available basis. Courses without sufficient enrollment are subject to cancellation. You will be notified if any changes are made to the program.