How to Apply for Financial Aid

To apply for federal financial aid, go to to complete your FAFSA. Our federal school code is 002210. You do not have to wait to be admitted before filing your FAFSA.

Scholarships & Fellowships

Merit and need based scholarships and fellowships are offered to qualified law students.

Your cost of attendance budget, determined by your enrollment and residency status, is listed under the financial aid tab in your COIN account. It can also be obtained by contacting the Law School Financial Aid Staff at 508.985.1187 or

If our Financial Aid Q&A (PDF) does not provide the information you need, please contact the financial aid staff with your questions.

Federal direct student loans

Direct unsubsidized

By submitting your FAFSA, your eligibility for Unsubsidized Stafford Loans, up to $20,500 annually, will be determined. You will be notified if additional information is required. An award letter notifying you of your eligibility will be mailed or emailed to you.

Direct Graduate Plus Loan

Should you need additional funding, the Direct Graduate Plus Loan is available to supplement educational expenses up to your cost of attendance at the law school. Your cost of attendance budget, determined by enrollment and residency, is listed under the financial aid tab in your COIN account or can be obtained by contacting Law School Financial Services. 

Graduate Plus Loan applications are processed electronically. Before starting, view the 2015-16 Graduate Plus Loan Application Instructions (PDF). As part of the process, you will be required to complete the Grad Plus Budget Worksheet 2015-2016 (PDF) and submit it to Law School Financial Services. If you anticipate requesting a Graduate Plus Loan, please submit your ‌‌Grad Plus Budget Worksheet 2015-2016 (PDF) as soon as possible so that it will be on file when your application is received.

Grad Plus Q&A 2015-2016 (PDF)

Private education loans

The law school financial aid staff strongly advises students to borrow through the federal loan program. However, we recognize that under certain exceptional circumstances a private education loan is necessary. MEFACitizens BankSallie MaeDiscover Student Loans, etc. are lenders offering private educational loans. Please contact the financial aid staff for information and application details.


Return to Law School Financial Aid Services





myCoursesmyCourses myAlertmyAlert LibraryLibrary
COINCOIN HRDirectHR Direct umasspassUMass Pass
ReservItReservIt ZimbraZimbra