UMass Law welcomes visiting students. Students who have completed their second full-time year at a law school accredited by the ABA or a state-approved law school and who wish to receive their degree from that school, but spend either one or both semesters of their final year at UMass Law, may be considered for admission as visiting students.
The deadline for completing the visiting application is June 30 for the fall semester and November 15 for the spring semester.
Visiting applicants must provide the Law Admissions Office with the following:
- Application form and $50 application fee
- An official transcript of the applicant's law study from each law school attended, including a statement of class rank if available
- A letter from the dean or dean’s designee of the other law school, stating that credit earned at UMass Law will be acceptable toward meeting degree requirements and that the applicant is in good standing
- A statement by the applicant indicating why he or she wishes to spend an academic year (or semester) at UMass Law
- At least one letter of recommendation, preferably from a professor at the applicant’s law school
Visiting students receive financial aid from their own law school, not UMass Law, and may not enroll in courses which are over-subscribed by University of Massachusetts School of Law students.
Return to Admissions