Your gift to UMass Law makes a difference in the lives of our students and strengthens the legal community in this region and far beyond.
- Tuition and fees provide the operating funds for the Law School
- UMass Law receives no state appropriation to support the Law School
Your tax-deductible donations support vital enhancements to academic programs, co-curricular initiatives, and experientiallearning opportunities, and enable us to offer all this at more cost-effective rates for our students.
- Friends of the Law School
- Access to Justice Scholarships
- Clinic Support
- Summer Internship Stipends
- Co-curricular Support
We appreciate gifts of all sizes and kinds. You can designate your gift to support several different areas.
All gifts to the UMass Law are managed by the University Foundation and are exclusively directed to the law school.
Make your gift
Matching gifts: When you give, you can check to see if your company offers matching gifts.
Scholarships, fellowships & faculty support
The Advancement Office staff is available to discuss your interests and designate your gift appropriately.
- Term fellowships: provide instant impact on a student’s education by committing up to $3,000 per year. Similar to an endowed fund, a donor may state preferences for the donation.
- Endowed scholarships: give students access to education that might be out of reach. Endowed scholarships are created with a minimum commitment of $25,000, payable over five years. It can be named and remain in perpetuity to support future students.
- Faculty support funds: provide professional development opportunities for faculty to help cover costs of faculty research and recruitment, including visiting professors.
Endowed gifts ensure that your donation continues to contribute to the students and faculty at UMass Law in perpetuity, and accomplishes the goals you identify. You are establishing a foundation of generosity that will benefit generations to come.
Endowed gift may be payable over five years, with distributions occurring after the fund is fully endowed. Potential endowment possibilities include:
University Chair: $2,500,000 - A position established to recognize a professor who is pre-eminent in his or her discipline.
Endowed Professorship: $1,000,000 - A position established to recognize an outstanding faculty member who has demonstrated success in research and/or teaching.
Full Scholarship: $250,000 - One student receives full tuition and fees for up to three years of full-time attendance, or six years as a part-time student.
Endowed Scholarship: $25,000 - This allows us to provide scholarship support to at least one student annually based on rates of return.