Welcome! As a member of the University of Massachusetts School of Law community, you have a lifetime resource in the Career Services Office through every stage of your legal career.
Our goal at the Career Services Office is to support both students and alumni with all aspects of their career development. The Career Services Office looks forward to assisting all alumni in reaching their career goals. Nevertheless keep in mind that, just like when you were enrolled at the law school, working with current students continues to be the main focus of the office.
Alumni have access to Symplicity, the Career Services Office’s new on-line web-based career system, which includes job postings, a document library, as well as other resources. The following online resources will provide additional job postings:
Additionally, alumni are encouraged to utilize other Career Services Office offerings such as monthly Career Forums, speaker series, brown bag luncheons, and the lending library. Other resources available to alumni include online handouts on a variety of career-related topics including the following:
Alumni considering a career change or otherwise seeking career guidance are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Julie Cahill (email@example.com). Your email should include a brief statement of your current employment situation and what you would like to discuss, as well as the times that you are available to meet during Julie Cahill’s office hours. Before the meeting, you need to have completed the following:
- updated your resume (including your current position)
- drafted a cover letter (articulate accomplishments, how you would benefit the organization, prior experience, special skills/strengths you bring to the position, unique background, etc.)
- summarized your recent job search activities and established a tracking system therefor
- considered who you would ask to be current professional references for your job search
- registered for Symplicity
- reviewed relevant handouts