The mission of the Office of Health Education, Promotion, and Wellness is to foster student academic success and social development through services and strategies that enhance multiple dimensions of individual health and cultivate an environment that supports the health of the campus community.
We strive to fulfill this mission by:
- Advocating for policy, procedural, and environmental changes that support the health and well-being of the campus community.
- Collaborating with student leaders and providing students with opportunities for activism and leadership development.
- Conducting regular assessments of student health behaviors and perceptions.
- Addressing the most critical prevention needs of UMass Dartmouth students.
- Providing training and information for staff and faculty in order to increase support of students in need of assistance.
- Engaging campus communities that may have unique interests and needs and/or face particular challenges related to health and access to services.
- Developing, maintaining, and enhancing collaborative relationships within UMass Dartmouth and between UMass Dartmouth and local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Creating and distributing health information on a wide range of health and wellness topics.
- Offering confidential individual consultation and referral.
Our mission is guided by national standards in the practice of health promotion in higher education, including those of the American College Health Association (ACHA) and the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education (CAS).