706 South Rodney French Blvd.
New Bedford, Massachusetts 02744-1221
- Take I-195 toward New Bedford to Route 18 south.
- After several sets of lights, Route 18 becomes Water Street, then South Rodney French Boulevard.
- Continue on South Rodney French Boulevard.
- You will pass through a hurricane dike and a beach area.
- SMAST is located at the point of South Rodney French Boulevard.
SMAST's New Bedford facility houses:
- Administration, SMAST
- Administration, Department of Estuarine and Ocean Sciences
- Biogeochemical Particle Flux and Sedimentation Group
- Coastal Systems Program
- Isotope Biogeochemistry Group
- Marine Turbulence Lab
- Ocean Mixing and Stirring Group
- Ocean Observation Lab
- Biological Oceanography - Plankton Ecology
- Computational Methods Lab
- Fish Behavior and Conservation Engineering
- Marine Ecosystem Dynamics Modeling Group
- Marine Finfish Dynamics Research Group