Welcome! This section will help orient you to the campus and the tasks you'll need to accomplish early.
At UMass Dartmouth, the Office of Human Resources handles all employment-related questions. The office is located on the second floor of the Foster Administration Building, Room 202; phone: 508.999.8060 or x8060 (reception desk). Payroll staff members are located in this area at x8049.
Once you have been hired, you should contact the HR reception desk immediately to make an appointment to discuss benefit options and complete necessary payroll paperwork.
Before the semester begins, you have some errands to take care of:
Steps for UMass Pass ID Card for New Employee
- Employee will first go to Human Resources to complete employment verification
- Employee may obtain his or her UMass Pass ID card if all Human Resources paperwork is completed. (CAMPUS ID # must be generated through the system.) If any Human Resources information is pending, you must wait 2 to 3 business days prior to obtaining your UMass Pass ID card.
- After the necessary wait time, the new employee will go to the UMass Pass (UMP) Office with photo ID (valid driver's license or passport). UMP will review the system data--if new employee's information is populated in the system, the process will continue.
- UMass Pass will verify the status of employee (as active with CAMPUS ID # generated) and will proceed to create the ID card.
- Photo will be taken
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the UMass Pass Office at 508.999.8132 or email email@example.com. The UMass Pass office is located on the bottom floor of the campus center near the campus store.
Steps for New Parking Decal
Once you have obtained your UMass Pass, you will be able to register your vehicle online for your on-campus parking permit.
- Have your valid driver's license, registration, and UMass Pass card in order to complete the online registration process.
- Go to http://www.umassd.edu/publicsafety/parking/welcome.cfm and click on the photo of the car.
- Log onto the website with your proper email credentials. For example:
Note: If you have not received an email username and password, you will have to set one up with CITS Access Management.
Please contact CITS Access Management at 508.999.8532 (x8532) or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Once all the information is filled out, validate and then print the form. Do not pay for
your decal online!
5. Please bring the confirmation page, along with your UMass Pass, to the Parking Office,
located on the ground floor of the Campus Center.
To facilitate your move into your new office, contact your chair and/or the departmental secretary. An office key will be ordered; when it's ready, you can pick up at the Facilities Office located in Modular Building #2 (near parking lot 17).
- Services: some useful links, A-Z or by category
- Interactive campus map: find your way around campus
- NFI Listserv: have you joined?
Please note: Changes happen quickly; do not take the online material as the final word.