The College of Nursing offers state-of-the-art Labs and a Media Center.
Fall and Spring
Monday-Thursday: 8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Summer, Winter, & Spring Break
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm (closed Fridays during Summer)
This lab is a client simulation area utilized for practicing learned nursing skills. Models, equipment, and supplies are available for group and individual practice.
Physical Assessment Exam Rooms
Assessment tools are available in these individual examination rooms that are used for practicing interactive physical examination and evaluation skills. Practice time can also be reserved outside of class as students are encouraged to work with a partner to practice these skills.
The Media Center is available for students to develop their cognitive skills. In the Media Center:
- carrels are available for individual or small group audio/video, computer, or study needs
- books, magazines, instructional, and informational resources are also available for students to use
- a Viewing Area is available for small class or group A/V or computer use (reservations will be required during periods of high usage)
- computers, using Windows and Macintosh operating systems are available for student use
- software for simulation, word processing, publishing, data base management, statistics, graphics, and email are available.
- computers are networked and have access to the university and the internet.
Each nursing student is assigned a Nursing "mail folder" (which is located in the Therapeutics Lab's foyer).
- Entrance to all lab areas is through the Therapeutics Lab (Dion 203). Exit is through the same door.
- Please enter this area quietly, as classes may be in session.
- All lab areas are to be left neat. Reusable equipment and supplies are to be returned to their proper areas; all disposable are to be placed in the proper receptacles.
- As client simulation areas, these areas should be left as you would leave your client's area - neat.
- Every effort is made to eliminate latex and any other potentially allergy-causing materials from our inventory.
With the Lab Director's approval, some items may be borrowed for student practice or client interactions. These items must be returned by the due date. Borrowing privileges will be forfeited and grades can be withheld until items are returned. Any lost or damaged items should be reported to the Lab Director as soon as possible.
Requests for all three lab areas, nursing equipment, and supply setups should be made at least one week in advance.