- Wednesday, February 3, 12-1pm, OFD Lounge – Flipping in Action (Rachel Rebello and Andrew Hinote, Instructional Development)
- Wednesday, February 17, 12-1:30pm, Library 314 – Mentoring Undergraduate Research (Brown University)
- Wednesday, February 24, 12- 1:30pm, Library 314 – Town-Gown Collaborations: Engaging Faculty and Students in Regional Research
- Tuesday, March 1st, 12:30-1:30pm, Library 314 – H-Index and Altmetrics: How do you know the impact of your publication? (Elizabeth Winiarz, Librarian)
- Tuesday, March 22nd, 12:30 – 1:30pm, Library 314 – Embedding Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Higher Education Coursework (Sheila MacCrine, Christine Panarese-Balkus)
- Tuesday, April 19th, 12:30 – 1:30pm, CCB 115 – Techniques for Active Learning in the Classroom (Chris Brigham, Vijaya Chalvendra)
Lightning sessions are events designed to present faculty with several ideas about improving their pedagogy. Each event will last one hour, and several faculty will present projects focused on a central theme. At the end of the hour, attending faculty will leave with several concrete ideas they can use in their own classes.
- Monday, March 21st, 12-1pm, Library 314 – Tales from the Flipped (Classroom)
- Tuesday, April 5th, 12:30-1:30pm, Library 314 –OFD Travel Award Presentations
- Monday, April 11th, 12-1pm, Library 314 – Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Tuesday, March 8, 12:30-1:30pm, OFD Lounge –Teaching Innovations of Award Winners
Presented by Chris Papenhousen (CCB). Innovative teaching strategies are presented by teaching award winners.
- Tuesday, March 29, 12:30-1:30pm, OFD Lounge - Global Connectivity in the Corporatized Public University
- Thursday, April 7, 12:30-1:30pm, Library 314 - Women to Watch Exhibit – application to studio teaching/graduate research
These sessions are designed to spark discussion on topics that are currently relevant throughout our campus and beyond.
- Wednesday, February 10, 12 – 1pm, OFD Lounge – Pre-tenure Publication (Nikolay Anguelov, Thomas Stubblefield)
- Monday, March 7, 12-1pm, OFD Lounge: Interdisciplinary Research and Teaching (Eric Larson, CJS)
Faculty Writing Workshop
February 17, April 13, May 4, – 12-1:30pm, March 9th 3-5pm in OFD Lounge
The Office of Faculty Development’s Writing Group for Faculty provides UMass Dartmouth faculty with a structured yet flexible forum for discussing and stimulating their ongoing writing projects. The group will meet in the OFD lounge. Join us and get help with all aspects of your manuscript preparation from proof reading, to publication strategy input, to networking and collaboration with other colleagues both at UMassD. and other institutions that share your research passions.
Lunch will be provided. Regular participation throughout the academic year is encouraged, but drop-ins are welcome.