If you are interested in evening, weekend or online courses and have earned credits at an accredited college or university, this is the site to find out how to transfer to UMass Dartmouth! We will help you apply to a certificate or degree program offered in a way that is convenient and flexible for you. Talk with us about completing your degree program. Transferring is easy!
We’re here to help!
We know you have questions and want to get information about how your transfer credits can be applied to a bachelor’s degree. We are available to meet in person, by phone or by email, or connect with us via web cam. Please call 508.999.9202 to speak with a Student Support Services Coordinator to find out about degree programs and how you could trasnfer to UMass Dartmouth.
The awarding of transfer credit for courses taken at other institutions prior to admission is assessed by working with a Student Services Coordinator. The dean or designee of the appropriate college determines how credits will transfer.
- A grade of C- is the minimum acceptable grade for receiving transfer credit.
- Transfer credits are recorded on the student's permanent UMass Dartmouth record.
- There is no limit to the number of credits that may be transferred to UMass Dartmouth.
- Students are required to complete 45 credit hours at UMass Dartmouth to complete a bachelor’s degree.
To begin, please submit the following:
- The online application. We also have a printable Application Form available in lieu of applying online.
- The non-refundable $40 application fee by check, money order or credit card; (cash cannot be accepted).
- Official college transcripts must be submitted from all colleges and/or universities attended. Please keep all transcripts in their original sealed envelope to be considered official or you can have each institution send your transcript directly to the address below. Transcripts should be mailed to:
285 Old Westport Rd.
Dartmouth, MA 02747
Success By Degrees Scholoarship:
For those graduating with an Associate's Degree and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from a state Massachusetts Community College, Professional and Continuing Education provides the following arrangement:
- Obtain an associate's degree from a state community college in Massachusetts.
- Complete and submit a UMass Dartmouth PCE degree application within one year of graduating from community college.
- A tuition reduction rate of 33% will be available for four years if maintaining a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7 at UMass Dartmouth.
Click here for more information about the Success By Degrees application.
Call 508-999-9202 or email email@example.com to talk with a Support Services Coordinator and find out about getting started today.