Degree Completion Program
UMass Dartmouth's Liberal Arts program offers a fully online degree completion program to students who wish to earn a multidisciplinary degree. Students who complete the program receive a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts.
Why major in Liberal Arts?
The Liberal Arts degree completion program offers students opportunities to learn a variety of skills in multiple subject areas. Courses allow students to:
- gain a broad-based understanding of human activities, institutions, and societies
- develop their ability to think and write critically in the classical tradition of the liberal arts
Given its broad academic scope, the Liberal Arts degree provides the foundation for long-term career development and change.
Many of the fields included in the Liberal Arts major can lead to exciting careers such as:
- politics or public policy
- social work
- human resources
Who Should Apply?
Eligible students for the Degree Completion Program have either of the following:
- 45-60 credits from an accredited community college
- 75 credits at an accredited university
Students with 45-75 credits may be accepted through the UMass Dartmouth transfer credit policy.