Graduates of the RN-BS Degree Program will acquire the following learning objectives:
- Caring/therapeutic alliance: Integrate caring behaviors and therapeutic alliances with persons into professional nursing care.
- Communication: Integrate effective communication processes into professional nursing.
- Knowledge: Synthesize knowledge as the foundation for providing nursing care that promotes health, shapes the environment, and guides persons and their families through the health care experience.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with others to promote health for a diverse society.
- Outcome Evaluation: Evaluate the outcomes of nursing interventions.
- Leadership/advocacy: Participate in leadership activities to effect needed change and improvement of health care systems and advocating to promote the health of the population.
- Therapeutic interventions: Provide competent and evidence-based therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Professional Development: Demonstrate behaviors that incorporate the dimensions of a professional essential to fulfill nursing’s social contract.