WMS Core Major Objectives
- Understand the historical, social, and political contexts of women's movements and feminist thought
- Understand feminist theories and apply them in critiquing and transforming the world
- Connect women's movements and feminist theory to other social justice movements and theories WMS
Concentration Specific Objectives
- Identify and evaluate the social construction of gender and the ways gender intersects with other forms of identity
Politics, Justice, and Policy
- Understand the gendering of our socioeconomic and political worlds and the individual and collective components of social change
- Identify, compare, and evaluate culturally and historically specific ideas of gender, sex, and sexuality
Arts and Letters
- Apply a critical feminist perspective to the study of literature and the arts
- Students have an advisor from the time they start their studies until graduation.
- UMass Dartmouth Women's & Gender Studies faculty teach all courses, and can be reached by email, phone or in person. Students can complete the WMS degree completion program within two years.
- Students can also work with a UMass Dartmouth Women's & Gender Studies advisor to help earn their Bachelor of Arts degree at their own pace.