Veterans orientation is an online experience: you will be able to complete the online orientation at your own pace, at any time.
- Log in: myUMassD
- Select: New Students tab
- Select: Orientation heading
- Click: Online Orientation
- Request that your military transcript be sent to UMass Dartmouth through the Joint Service Transcript (JST) system.
- Current students who are veterans, prior military, and reservists suggest that you take the Math Placement Test—especially if you are in the College of Engineering. Register for placement testing at placement.umass.edu.
During online orientation, you will
- Learn about the academic requirements of university
- Receive information specific to transferring credits and veteran benefits
- Learn the contact information for your academic advisor, to initiate your academic advising appointment and register for classes
- Access information about student life, campus resources, staying informed, and a check-list of next steps to follow before classes begin
When you come to campus, be sure to bring
- Certificate of eligibility letter
- A copy of your DD214 form
- Transcript(s) of course work completed at other schools
- Driver's license, passport, or state ID, in order to get your UMassPass
Veterans' Campus Connection Reception
As the first day of classes approaches, you will receive an email inviting you to the Veterans' Campus Connection Reception.
- Meet the Veteran Assistant, a student leader who is also a veteran and a resource for you as you transition to campus
- Meet the Certifying Official, the staff member who will assist you with your military benefits
- Have the option to complete anything you have not yet completed from your online orientation check list—such as getting your UMassPass (student ID) and taking a campus tour of academic centers, Veterans Office, Veterans Reading Room, fitness center, and more
We look forward to connecting with you!