Funding your research

There are two ways to help fund your research:

Internal funding

Fall and spring

The Office of Undergraduate Research offers awards for the fall and spring semester to help support student research projects. Undergraduate students in any department at UMassD who are engaged in original research under the guidance of a faculty member are encouraged to apply


The Office of Undergraduate Research offers a competitive summer stipend initiative to facilitate the fulltime research activity of UMass Dartmouth undergraduates during summer. As with all OUR programs, research is broadly conceived and takes place in any and all disciplines. All UMass Dartmouth undergraduates who will re-enroll in Fall 2016 are eligible to apply.

Questions should be directed to Dr. Mark Silby, and completed applications should be sent directly to

External Funding

Numerous groups outside UMass Dartmouth undergraduate research.

  • Federal agencies (eg. NSF)
  • Professional societies
  • Private foundations

OUR has compiled a list of some organizations as a source to fund your research. Your faculty advisor and OUR can also help provide any information on organizations you have found that could help you.