Research requires a curious mind and a passion for knowledge. Our professors continually search for eager students who can commit their time and energy into research. Once you have decided on a particular topic:
Get information on your topic
- Do some preliminary research of your own.
- Write down questions you want answered.
- Search the internet for information.
- Ask a reference librarian to help you find some readings.
Find your mentor
- Check out the faculty on the UMD website.
- Ask professors and department chairs - who is researching your topic right now?
- Contact professors to talk about opportunities.