Strict enforcement of parking regulations begins on the first day of classes each semester.
The Parking Services office is managed by a civilian parking hearings officer who is charged with maintaining the records of parking violations and collecting payments from parking violators. The parking clerk schedules hearings for contested parking violations; a committee makes the final determination in such matters. Read more about parking violations and fines in Parking Regulations.
Parking Decal Vouchers are available January 12 - February 06, 2015
Decal types and charges
- Full Academic Year Resident student: $195 Spring Resident: $97.50
- Full Academic Year Commuter student: $145 Spring Commuter: $72.50
- Students with qualifying disabilities, who are eligible for state-issued disability placards: No charge and no need to apply for a university parking decal as long as you have your state-issued disability placard. For temporary disabilities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and staff: No charge; if you are a new faculty or staff member or have a new vehicle, you must complete the decal form. Read more about faculty and staff parking.
Paying for your Parking Decal
- Credit card online
- Cash in person at Parking Office
- Parking Voucher - If you receive Financial Aid and you have a balance you may be able to apply for a Parking Voucher. Go to your COIN account, open your Summary of Terms for the Semester and Summary of Terms for the Year. If you have a negative balance, print these pages and bring them along with your UMass ID to the Parking Office. Once verified, fill out a Parking Voucher Form.
- Financial Hardship: Apply in writing to email@example.com for any financial hardships. Once you have exhausted all options including Financial Aide.
To Obtain your Parking Decal
- Bring copy of the confirmation with your UMass Pass to the Parking Office.
Use your email username and password to log in. You'll need your driver's license and vehicle registration to complete the form. Payments may be made using Visa or MasterCard on our secure website. You will receive an email confirmation after your decal purchase.
New students: You must activate your UMass Dartmouth email account before you can log in to the decal form.
- Resident: a student living in university-owned housing
Residential parking decals will be allocated based on the residential address of the student and will be one of three colors.
- Commuter: a student not living on campus
Commuter parking decals will be a different color and will allow students to park in all designated commuter lots.
I have a motorcycle. What should I do?
Please email Parking Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Or call 508-999-8121.
I'm taking both day and evening classes. Do I need two decals?
If you've already purchased a Resident or Commuter decal, you will not need an additional decal for evening classes.
What happens if I change my student status after purchasing a parking decal?
If you change your status from Commuter to Resident (or vice versa), please email Parking Services at email@example.com.
I'm having trouble logging in to the decal form. What should I do?
- If you are a new student, have you activated your email account? Activate your UMass Dartmouth email account.
- If you are a student and have an email account, please contact the IT Student Help Desk at 508-999-8884 (x8884) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a faculty or staff member, please contact the IT Service Center at 508-999-8790 (x8790) or email@example.com.