Strict enforcement of the parking regulations will begin on the first day of classes each semester.
The person to whom a vehicle is registered is held fully responsible for any violation involving the vehicle, even if another person was using the vehicle at the time of the violation, as well as any tickets received on any unregistered vehicles. Any person who unlawfully tampers with or removes from a motor vehicle or unlawfully changes, mutilates, or destroys any notice affixed to such motor vehicle will have his or her privilege to operate a vehicle on campus suspended and may be subject to prosecution under the criminal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
|Parking Violations||Violation Amount|
|More than 6 inches from curb||$10.00|
|Left to curb||$10.00|
|Illegal angle parking||$10.00|
|Parking—proper decal required||$10.00|
|Less than 10 feet for passing traffic||$10.00|
|No parking area||$15.00|
|Restricted parking area||$15.00|
|No parking on grass||$15.00|
|Impeding snow removal||$20.00|
|Hydrant fire lane||$20.00|
Other violations include:
- Falsification of University registration information
- Improper display or affixing of a parking decal or permit
- Fraudulent use of a University vehicle registration decal or permit
- Using a special permit to operate a motor vehicle for other than purpose of issue
- Failure to display appropriate University registration or parking decal or permit on a registered vehicle
Payment of fines and billing
Parking ticket fees benefit the University Scholarship Fund. For more information regarding the scholarship fund, contact Financial Aid at 508.999.8634.
Fines may be paid a number of ways:
- At the Parking Office in the Campus Center during normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 9am–4pm.
- Via mail, by certified check or money order payable to University of Mass. Dartmouth. Please be sure to include the ticket number and vehicle plate number. Do not mail cash.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
285 Old Westport Rd.
N. Dartmouth, MA 02747
- By phone at 1.866.980.5363.
- Online at the following website: www.parkingticketpayment.com/umdartmouth.
If you have a hold on your driver's license or vehicle registration at the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles, these tickets will be cleared within 4 days, unless a special request is made.
Failure to pay the parking fines within 21 days of the date of the violation will result in an additional $5.00 penalty. Delinquent notices will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle. After an additional 30 days, the Registry of Motor Vehicles will be notified, and an additional penalty of $20.00 will be added. This fee cannot be waived under any circumstances. The registered owner of the vehicle will be prevented from renewing his/her license or registration until all tickets and penalties are paid in full. These penalties must be paid to UMass Dartmouth Parking Office before you will be cleared in the registry and renew your registration or license.
Overdue parking ticket notices are sent by COMPLUS DATA, the university's approved ticket vendor, to any individuals that have not paid their outstanding ticket(s).
Overdue notices are mailed at the beginning and middle of each month.
All appeals must be submitted online at: http://www.parkingticketpayment.com/umdartmouth/
A lost ticket, forgetfulness, parking only for a short time, failure to display a parking decal or not seeing the signs are unacceptable grounds for appeal.
If you do not have access to a computer there are computers you may use at the Parking Office, Campus Center, 285 Old Westport Road, Dartmouth MA, 02747.
To avoid added fees, submit appeals within 21 days of when the ticket was issued. Appeals are read once a day. Once a decision is rendered you will receive an email with the Parking Committee's decision. If the appeal is denied, you may request a hearing before the University Parking Committee by emailing email@example.com.
Vehicles in violation of the following, but not limited to such violations, are subject to tow at the owner's expense:
- Parked in such a way as to create a hazard to other traffic, blocking a roadway or gate.
- Parked in a fire lane.
- Parked in a service lane, except while actually engaged in loading or unloading.
- Parked in a handicapped zone without the proper permit, or reserved designated areas.
- Parked in a reserved or designated space.
- If an unregistered vehicle is either operated or allowed to remain on a public way.
- A chronic offender, with five or more parking violations, who has neglected to abide by the regulations set forth on this page.
Persons with vehicles that are booted for parking violations will have to pay a penalty of $50.00 (CASH ONLY). All outstanding balances for parking violations must be paid in full by cash or credit card only. For questions related to your violation, please contact Parking Services at 508.999.8131.