On behalf of the Provost’s Office, I join Chancellor Divina Grossman and the UMass Dartmouth community in extending a warm welcome to the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth.
Our University is a community:
- where formal and informal learning and living environments provide students with the means to become informed and productive citizens,
- of discovery of new knowledge and advancement of human creativity by scholarly endeavors,
- that transforms knowledge and creativity to inform public policy,
- that innovates to foster economic development within the framework of a sustainable high quality of life for the people of our region, nation and the world,
- that values diversity of people in all its manifestations, and
- that values civic engagement through Service Learning and service in the public and private sectors.
The Provost’s Office responsibility, working with colleagues and co-workers in the University’s Colleges and Schools, and other sectors of the University, is to enable the faculty, staff and students of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth to fulfill the University’s mission.
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Mission:
The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth distinguishes itself as a vibrant public university actively engaged in personalized teaching and innovative research, and acting as an intellectual catalyst for regional and global economic, social, and cultural development.
Alex J. Fowler
Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs