The Department of Public Safety has assembled the following suggestions to help protect yourself and your property while you are here at the University.
Remember: If you are the victim of a crime, you are encouraged to report it as soon as possible:
- Emergencies: 508-999-9191 or x9191
- Information: 508-999-8107 or x8107
- Anonymous Tip Line: 508-999-8477 or x8477
- Always walk in groups; don't go out alone, especially at night
- Use the campus shuttle service
- Use the Library Safety Escorts (from the Library to the parking lot), available from 6pm until closing
- Avoid short-cuts; walk in well-lit areas
- Keep your motor vehicles locked; try to park near a light
- Have your key ready when you approach your car or home
- Female students: attend a RAD class
- Carry a cell phone
- Do not accept drinks from strangers; the drinks may be drugged
- Report suspicious persons and activities: x8107 or 508-999-8107
The Department of Public Safety would like to inform the community of several thefts from motor vehicles that have occurred on campus over the last few weeks. The vehicles have been entered through unlocked doors and their parking decals have been stolen. To avoid becoming a victim, remember to lock your doors when leaving your vehicles. This is also a good practice when leaving your rooms or offices.
Electronics are tempting targets to thieves.
- Remove all laptops, I-Pods and cell phones from your vehicles.
- GPS devices remove mounts, suction cups and wipe area on wind shield where GPS was attached.
Do not leave in your vehicle.
- Purses, wallets, money and books.
- Keep your rooms locked
- Do not allow strangers into your residence halls
- Never prop open your doors
- Keep money, jewelry and other valuables hidden
- Lock valuables in the trunk of your car
- Report broken locks and windows
- Have your valuables engraved (Operation ID)